Our mailing address:
Coppell Gifted Association
PO Box 2111
Coppell, Texas 75019.
Board Members / Campus Representatives
- The Board Members meet six times a year, typically every other month, with attendance required for elected officers, but optional for appointed officers. Additional meetings may be scheduled if needed.
- The Campus Representatives meet once a month during the academic year as part of the Communications Committee which strives to: improve communication among the district and each campus about academic matters related to GT student development and performance through curriculum and instructions, encourage and advocate for the development of GT student potential, where support is needed, and inspire parents to participate with the school district in the promotion of advanced academics. The representatives have a child who attends the school they represent.
- The terms of office for Board Members and Campus Representatives coincide with the academic year. For more specific information about the offices and their duties, please refer to the CGA bylaws on the “About” page.
- Other than paying membership dues, there are no officer requirements besides a sincere desire to foster gifted and talented education within Coppell and beyond. The person(s) who serves as President, however, must have previously served on the CGA board in another capacity.
2012 - 13 Elected Board Officers
- President – Amanda O’Neal-Brummitt
- 1st Vice President/Programs: Speaker Series Chair - Roya Tompkins
- 1st Vice President/Programs: Student Enrichment Chair - Tawnia Wise
- Treasurer – Jeanne Wray
- Secretary – Jeff Jordan
- Membership – Joan Bush
- Past President – Elizabeth Chappell
2012 - 13 Appointed Board Officers
- 2nd Vice President and Fundraising Chair – Aanchal Prakash
- Newsletter – Zarin Pathan
- Publicity/Historian – Nichole Bentley
- Webmaster – Lian Loop
- Legislative - Tracy Fisher
- Library - Jeff Jordan
- Scholarship Committee Chair – Michelle Bauer
- MOSAIC Chair – Aanchal Prakash. Committee members: Mary Creason, Elisa Roby, and Karen Cook
- School Board Liason – Thom Hulme
2012 - 13 Campus Representatives
- Communications Secretary: Jeff Jordan
- Coppell High School: Amy Foley
- New Tech High@Coppell: Jenny Quonoey
- Coppell Middle School East: Patty Powell
- Coppell Middle School North: Denise Friend
- Coppell Middle School West: Lori Chow
- Austin Elementary: Dawn de Leon Parry
- Cottonwood Creek Elementary: May Olsen
- Denton Creek Elementary: Nisha Shah
- Lakeside Elementary: Lisa Hollen
- Mockingbird Elementary: Andi Pafford
- Pinkerton Elementary: Bethany Henze
- Town Center Elementary: Taria Greenberg
- Valley Ranch Elementary: Neha Kunte
- Wilson Elementary: Edna Ramos
To volunteer, please contact Amanda O’Neal-Brummitt. More opportunities may become available so please check back frequently.