CISD in the Know
Highlights from the September School Board Meetings:
· CGA has provided 145 scholarships in the last 5 years totaling more than $40,000.
· 100% of CISD teachers and instructional aides have met the NCLB standards.
· College readiness scores have steadily increased in CISD over past 6 years. College readiness is measured with TAKS scoring.
· More students in CISD are graduating DAP than in any other North Texas district.
· College Night was a huge success with 203 colleges attending and 1197 students registered.
· Technology update – To date the Student to Computer ratio in CISD is 2:1. Matching funds have been very helpful in achieving this level. Since 2003, campus contributions have been 2.5 million. The district has matched an additional 2.5 million as well. Ongoing issues include tech support, maintenance, and space limitations.
· New testing is being implemented to gauge technology proficiency for 5th and 8th graders.
· CISD will be joining the North Texas Regional Consortium along with 9 other high-performing districts. Together they will share resources, professional development and educational ideas.