Our mailing address:
Coppell Gifted Association
PO Box 2111
Coppell, Texas 75019
- One of the best ways to improve education for gifted students is to provide educators with opportunities to learn about gifted education. Therefore, the primary focus of CGA fundraising efforts is to fund scholarships for CISD educators to attend gifted conferences. For more information, contact our Scholarship Committee Chair.
- Gifted kids are gifted 24 hours a day, hence they need to have curriculum that challenges them throughout the school day, not just in a pullout program. They also benefit socially and emotionally by being with their intellectual peers. Therefore, we support clustering or ability grouping in elementary schools and GT classes in middle and high school.
- The gifted curriculum needs to have specific, measurable goals. To that end, we support adoption of the goal of preparing all elementary gifted kids to take either Algebra I or Geometry in middle school.
Click on this link to reference the CGA Bylaws.
We are always looking for people interested in helping us meet our goals! If you’d be interested in volunteering with CGA, please contact Shannon Blatt. We have many options for helping available – whether you’re interested in helping during the day, during the evening, with a large job or a small job, we have a spot for you!
- The Board Members meet about six times a year, typically every other month, with attendance required for elected officers, but optional for appointed officers. Additional meetings may be scheduled if needed.
- The terms of office for Board Members typically coincide with the academic year. For more specific information about the offices and their duties, please refer to the CGA bylaws on the “About” page.
- Other than paying membership dues, there are no officer requirements besides a sincere desire to foster gifted and talented education within Coppell and beyond. The person(s) who serves as President, however, must have previously served on the CGA board in another capacity.
2016-17 Elected Board Officers
- President – Shannon Blatt
- Student Enrichment Chair –Parul Singh
- Treasurer – Carrie Clark
- Secretary – mailto:email@example.com
- Membership – Niti Shah
2016-17 Appointed Board Officers
- Newsletter – Actively recruiting
- Publicity/Historian – Actively recruiting
- Webmaster – Carrie Clark
- Library – Actively recruiting
- Scholarship Committee Chair – Roya Tompkins
- MOSAIC Chair – Tracy Fisher