Board Members / Campus Representatives
- The Board Members meet six times a year, typically every other month, with attendance required for elected officers, but optional for appointed officers. Additional meetings may be scheduled if needed.
- The Campus Representatives meet once a month during the academic year as part of the Communications Committee which strives to: improve communication among the district and each campus about academic matters related to GT student development and performance through curriculum and instructions, encourage and advocate for the development of GT student potential, where support is needed, and inspire parents to participate with the school district in the promotion of advanced academics. The representatives have a child who attends the school they represent.
- The terms of office for Board Members and Campus Representatives coincide with the academic year. For more specific information about the offices and their duties, please refer to the CGA bylaws on the “About” page.
- Other than paying membership dues, there are no officer requirements besides a sincere desire to foster gifted and talented education within Coppell and beyond. The person(s) who serves as President, however, must have previously served on the CGA board in another capacity.
2013 – 14 Elected Board Officers
- Co-Presidents – Amanda O’Neal-Brummitt and Jeff Jordan
- 1st Vice President/Programs: Speaker Series Chair – Roya Tompkins
- 1st Vice President/Programs: Student Enrichment Chair – Tawnia Wise
- Treasurer – Jeanne Wray
- Secretary – Lynn Houm
- Membership – Aanchal Prakash
- Past President – Elizabeth Chappell
2013 – 14 Appointed Board Officers
- 2nd Vice President and Fundraising Chair – Aanchal Prakash
- Newsletter – Zarin Pathan
- Publicity/Historian – Dalia Steer
- Webmaster – Lian Loop
- Legislative – Tracy Fisher
- Library – Bethany Henze
- Scholarship Committee Chair – Michelle Bauer
- MOSAIC Chair – Tracy Fisher
- School Board Liason – Thom Hulme
2013 – 14 Campus Representatives
- Communications Secretary: Jeff Jordan
- Coppell High School: Roya Tompkins
- New Tech High @ Coppell: Jenny Quonoey
- Coppell Middle School East: Karen Cook
- Coppell Middle School North: Marla Williams
- Coppell Middle School West: Lori Chow
- Austin Elementary: OPEN
- Cottonwood Creek Elementary: May Olsen
- Denton Creek Elementary: Rosie Florentino and Nisha Shaw
- Lakeside Elementary: Lisa Hollen
- Mockingbird Elementary: Andi Pafford and Joel & Susan Zeff
- Pinkerton Elementary: Karissa Monroe
- Town Center Elementary: Parul Singh
- Valley Ranch Elementary: Rohini Brahme
- Wilson Elementary: Shannon Blatt
To volunteer, please contact Amanda O’Neal-Brummitt. More opportunities may become available so please check back frequently.