- School Board Meeting Agendas
- School Board Meeting Dates – You’ll usually learn more at workshops; the public can speak during the Open Forum at regular meetings.
- Getting into the GT program
- School board policy on Acceleration
- Kindergarten Acceleration – The normal kindergarten testing done on all kids in CISD will assess if your child is ready enough for kindergarten; kindergarten acceleration testing will help you decide if your child is ready to skip kindergarten.
- Grade / Course Acceleration (Credit by Exam) – Also, read our blog post on some types of students who may benefit from grade or course acceleration. Acceleration is covered in depth in A Nation Deceived.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme – Middle school students should plan their course choices to keep open the option of participating in IB as juniors and seniors at CHS. Eventually CISD wants to offer IB in an elementary and a middle school.
- Hoagies Gifted – a source for just about everything gifted
- NAGC (National Association for Gifted Children)
- NSGT (National Society for the Gifted and Talented)
- SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted)
- TAGT (Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented)
Blogs about giftedness
- College counseling for gifted kids – a blog about choosing a college by a CGA parent
- Unwrapping the Gifted – by the president-elect of the Montana Association for the Gifted & Talented
- Gifted Exchange
- Prufrock’s Gifted Child Information Blog
Web Resources for Educators as seen in Gifted Child Today
- The Vienna Vegetable Orchestra Visit this Web site to find out more about this unique ensemble and view shopping, preparation, and footage of a live show.
- The Federal Reserve Today
- Measurement Conversions
- Chem4Kids.com This is a great site for the emerging chemist!
- Young Writer’s Workshop Story starter ideas to get your student’s creative energy flowing.
- Science News for Kids This is a Web site devoted to science news for children ages 9 to 14.